When we lived in Hawaii, I competed in a couple triathlons, both sprint distances which means about a 400m swim, 10 - 12 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run. Nothing too serious but still lots of fun. For both of those events, I had to borrow a friend's bike.
Fast forward to a couple months ago, some friends at work challenge me to join them in a Labor Day sprint triathlon and I agree to do it. Now because the only bike I own is an old $5 mountain bike from a yard sale that is somewhat broken, I decide that I need to borrow a bike. A good friend of mine who has done some triathlons, including the AZ Ironman, was gracious enough to loan me his road bike to train and use in the event. I end up doing OK and actually start to like these triathlon events. This being the case, I decide it's time for me to look for my own road bike.
I have searched through most of the bike shops here locally and have been on craigslist and ebay for 2 weeks straight. I end up going with the Fuji Roubaix ACR 3.0; from what I can tell it falls in the mid-range of all the entry-level performance bikes. That means it doesn't cost an arm and a leg which keeps my marriage entact - love you KT.
Lots of fun!! OK Dad - now you need to get one!
3 comments:
Nice ride!!! Let me know when you want to ride! Now you just need to name your bike. Give it some time, and she'll tell you her name. I've got "Pearl" and "Honey". And yes, that sounds crazy. But bikes need names.
Excited for you!
More Posts! More posts!
live173 , live173 , live173 , live173 , live173 , live173 , live173 , live173 , live173 , live173
Post a Comment