We work together, We love eachother. We be bad never, As a team forever. To infinity and beyond!!!

We work together, We love eachother. We be bad never, As a team forever. To infinity and beyond!!!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

First off, Happy Memorial Day. I LOVE this country and I LOVE anyone who serves(or has served) to protect me and my family. And for those who have lost their lives for me, THANK YOU!

We didn't have any traveling plans this weekend, which I'm glad we didn't battle the traffic. Donovan and I first fell in "like" Memorial weekend 9 years ago and we've always tried to go back home for old times sake, but this year we were content staying put. Funny how a new AC unit makes you content on a lot of things :)

one of the things I did was put Kawika in pigtails. Israe, Kawika, and I got a good laugh out of this. Makes him look so much like Jada when she was small.

So Saturday we did some yard/house work. Donovan was able to get 4 hours of studying in(yeah baby!), and then we went to Fry's and bought everything for our own "subway" restaurant, followed by the supplies for our own "Dairy queen." It was fun to let the kids each pick their own topping and now that we have them it will save $$$ next time we want to go out for ice cream. (Sorry no pictures)

Yesterday was a great Sunday. One of my good friends came to church, first time in a while, and it just made me so happy to have her there. Then afterward my husband let me take a nap. Of course I fed everyone and put Kawika to sleep first, so he could also get some rest. But he let me rest extra long. THEN, we made cookies and Donovan went home teaching with some while the kids and I visited with Sister Gavin.(our 90 year old friend who we just ADORE.) THENNNN we took cookies to bishop and his family and go the kids to bed way past their bed time..like 1.5 hours past.

Today has been a great Monday. We woke up and accidentally made too much breakfast(silly, but I started by reading the wrong recipe..) which was awesome because my friend Nicole hadn't eaten yet so her and her kids came on over and chowed down with us. Then I took the kids to the gym so D could study. Then we all went swimming, ate lunch, took nap/watched movie/practiced piano& sight words. Finally the best part of our day was having Auntie Libby and Uncle Houston over. Related on Donovan's side. We haven't seen them in a long time and they always bring such a wonderful spirit in our home. The kids love having someone to show off too, and they pay attention to all of it. They just sit back and take it all in, and they LOVE that. They came bearing gifts of pizza, cheesecake, and a little something for the kids. They stayed for Family Home Evening and then they were off. Before they left we were searching for lost pictures that the kids had made them. They did leave with of few of them, but these two I found later. And since I know Auntie likes to read our blog, I thought I'd post these on here for her. Here you go Auntie and Uncle. Thanks for coming, we love you!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

I was behind on your blog...so it was fun catching up! I am sorry about your AC going out...no fun! I know I've told you before...but your kids are the cutest ever!

Heather K said...

Sounds like a super Fun weekend relaxing together and playing. I wish we lived closer and could just chillax togther sometime. You should call us next time you're in IDAHO!

Julie said...

KT! Hey my sister Monica mentioned to me that she thought someone had told her that you were teaching hula in the valley? I told her I would ask you - since I saw your blog off of Kelly's the other day - so here I am asking if you do in fact teach hula?! She is wanting to put her girls in a class. Anyways - I think they move up there this weekend. Give me a holler if you do or don't.

p.s. you have da cutest family eva!! oh hey haha... i just remember that I came to your apartment once in TVA - I totally forgot about that - lol!