We work together, We love eachother. We be bad never, As a team forever. To infinity and beyond!!!

We work together, We love eachother. We be bad never, As a team forever. To infinity and beyond!!!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

My REACH award winner!!! (and 3 new posts below)

Background: Jada attends this awesome school, called Candeo that we LOVE. We've been to three schools in the past two years, and this one feels the most like home to us.
REACH: * Respect *Effort *Attitude *Cooperation *Heart
These are the characteristics that the children are encouraged to implement throughout their day and each month the teacher chooses one student to be honored in the REACH assembly in front of the school by the principal. The best part is the kids have no clue who is chosen. So when Jada's name was read her jaw dropped and she looked so shy and cute and humble about the whole thing, wish I had taken pictures of that moment...priceless. On the way home she explained that she just knew it wasn't going to be her because she kept making mistakes and she thought it would be Jordan because Jordan helps Jada get her things in her bag.

This was read by my friend, and principal, Mrs, Musser as Jada's jaw dropped and she walked to the front of the room: "Mrs. Armstrong recommends Jada Seguritan-- 'I nominate Jada Seguritan for the April Reach for the Star award, because she truly encompasses star Character. Both in and out of the classroom Jada is a shining star in academics and citizenship. She is a hard worker who uses her time very wisely. Her reading level and love for non-fiction would put a bright smile on any teachers face.

I always hear Jada using her manners and see her being a huge help to the other boys and girls in her classroom. She definitely puts the needs of others before herself. Jada puts her best foot forward in ALL that she does and these are the reasons why I am so honored to be Jada's teacher!'"
Mrs. Armstrong is one of the most kind people you will meet. The way she greets every child in the room has to make them feel like she came to work just to see them. In fact, when I come to visit I feel like she came to work just in case I stopped by. She makes EVERYONE feel THAT important. I am so happy that she is Jada's this year, and hope that Israel gets her in a couple years. I can't say enough good things..., just wish I could be around her more.

We've never rewarded Jada for grades, not because we're mean. We always say good job and whatnot. But when she got recognized for being a good person, I thought that was way more important than grades so I said she could pick any restaurant she wanted to eat. Plus I just didn't want to cook. And so she of course picked her favorite food...Chinese! Panda Express, or as Kawika says, "fu fu panda" (kung fu panda)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

don't worry about it... but maybe Kawika was just making room for another sibling =) Porter didn't have a problem with his crib... we just figured better to ease all the transitioning so he doesn't hate this little girl... although he just threw all her clothes and the hangers from the shower out of his room... maybe he understands more than I think. Hope your day is still fun!

The Gwynns said...

Congrats Jada... you ROCK! You are such a good person and it is awesome that your teacher and principle picked you out of everyone! Way to Go!!! Keep it up! Love ya!

PS: did you sing "moto moto" for them after you got the award? That would have been awesome!

Nicole said...

That is wonderful! We love Panda Express too! It looks like you guys had a fun time with the easter egg dying! We did too, also think we have some color on our floor! LOL!

Keri and Aaron said...

That's so cool! Congratulations, Jada. We hope our Jada turns out as awesome as you. Take care Seguritans.

Martineau Family said...

Your family is so cute Its good to see you. You look awsome will I see you at our 10 year Reunion???