Jada had field day on April 21st. It was interesting as the day before it was a nice warm/hot day and then the day of field day came and it was COLD! Not just cool, but if you didn’t have a jacket there were goose bumps, and that was when I came to pick up @ 2:30….they were there since 8:00! So we(adults) were pretty amazed when they all got into the water games…well, some children chose not to play…don’t blame them.
Here are pictures of Jada with some of her best friends.
Here are pictures of Jada with some of her best friends.
If you haven’t heard we were getting all ready to move to Colorado for an opening Donovan had at work. We were pretty excited for the move because the relocation package would have helped us get out of our house. But last Wednesday we were told we will not be taking that position as there are other opportunities for growth by staying here.So that kind of made us sad for a moment as the adrenalin of moving left our bodies….so we asked….”wanna go to Disneyland?” Turns out, we did :) We used our free tickets we got from “give a day get a day” and price-lined a room the night before and we were off Friday after school. I was totally stoked when the lady at the front desk upgraded us to “the Kids Room” because we were only going to be there for one night. It was such a cool room. Too bad we only had it from 11 PM till 8 AM.
We enjoyed our day at Disneyland and played as hard as we could till about 5:00 and then drove home and got home about midnight.
In preparations for Colorado we have been making A LOT of changes to the house to help it sell better. We haven’t taken pictures of all of it, but here’s an example of updating our fans. For about $27 a fan we painted the gold silver, flipped the blades to the prettier wood side and bought the new light kit. I was pretty darn stoked :)
5 comments:
How fun that you just up and went to Disneyland! I love spontaneous trips like that. The fan looks great! I want to do that to our living room fan. I never even thought of just redoing the one we have... I thought we had to get a whole new one!
Your house is looking fabulous. I love it when you show me the newest upgrades whenever I came over!
Sounds like things have been pretty crazy around your house! I am so impressed with the fan. I never would have guessed it was the same one.
Sounds like a wild month! We just got back from Disneyland and stayed in that same hotel room there. The girls loved the bunk beds!
Light turned out great. . . . so fun instant trip to Disney. . . .and now Kawika's surgery. . . we will need an additional post...Love you all.
Post a Comment