Okay so last month was BUSSSSYYYY. Started off with our ward's 4th of July breakfast which I was kind of in charge of, but just watched people do their job. It was HOT, but fun.
We finished the following week with our daily swim lessons. We also go to a weekly movie (10 movies for $7), and weekly library visits.
July 10th I was leaving for Girls camp. I got to be a YCL cabin mom which was SO fun. Basically no responsibilities with some amazing young women. And it was such a spiritually uplifting thing, I came away totally happy that I went.
My mom had to pick me up the last night there to drive me home so that I could take Jada in for her adenoid and tonsillectomy. She did awesome and the Doctor thought that it was a really good thing that we got them out which made me feel better about going through the aftermath, like her having a problem with the hydrocodone she was on.
We left the next day for Lakeside to hang out in cooler weather which equals the boys playing outside and leaving Jada alone. PLUS Troy and Heidi's kids were up there and we hadn't seen them for over a year. Almost all the grand kids got together at the same time. Stinkin Tommy ruined it cuz he's married...But I forgive him because he married Jill who totally redeems any of Tommy's faults....LOVE her. That was the other reason for the visit; with Thomas being gone I wanted to help Becky with preparations for the receptions. I had a wonderful time hanging out with everyone and getting more Becky time, (my sisters and mom are the best.) Kids were good, with the exception of Jada feeling junk. But her allergies and asthma didn't act up so I felt more peace this trip then I usually feel. Plus the monsoons were so refreshing and made it really hard to leave.
After returning home, 13 days later. Courtney and JJ came over and gave me a lovely warm, late Birthday cake. It was a great surprise. Thanks guys.
Swimming
4th of July BreakfastGirls Camp @ ...forget the name but by Lo Maya
Tonsils out
12 days in Lakeside
Tommy and Jill's reception
Surprise, late, warm, lovely, THOUGHTFUL, birthday cake.
2 comments:
sounds busy! happy (late) birthday!!
Nice catch up on your "July". I fear that all of our went by too quickly. I loved your helping with the housecleaning. . . .floor sweeper of summer award is YOURs!!!!
Glad the kiddos are in school and Jada is feeling so much better. Love you guys.
Post a Comment