We work together, We love eachother. We be bad never, As a team forever. To infinity and beyond!!!

We work together, We love eachother. We be bad never, As a team forever. To infinity and beyond!!!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Splash N Dash

Two Saturdays ago Donovan did a Splash N Dash @ Tempe Town Lake. It was 1,000 meter swim followed by a 3K run. I was totally impressed by how far 1,000 meters really is. He's been practicing a lot @ a city pool, but it was a lot harder having people kick him in the face and not being able to kick off a wall every 25 Meters.

Donovan talking w/ his friend before the race.

Testing out the cool waters.(check out the couple to the left, their water was a little warmer :))

Kawika and Donovan exchanging good luck pounds.

Donovan's biggest fan wanting a hug before his run.
If you notice, there are no pictures of him coming across the finish line. Yeah, that would be because I thought he was going to take a little longer, so as I was gathering the kids to go wait for him, he comes up to me out of breath and says, "hey, I'm going to go get a drink." Isn't that so sad. What kind of fan am I?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ltandjbcox said...

I am totally impressed that D likes to participate in events like this. "You go guy!!" Is that what you'd say? There is a little irony in your missing the "crossing the finish line" moment. . . . all I can say is you did your best, KT, it just wasnt' good enough. JK

See you on Friday.

Heather K said...

Go Donovan! That is a cool accomplishment!